Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Friday, July 2, 2010

Virtual Vacation - San Francisco


I've been thinking a lot about getting away for a long
weekend here and there this summer. However,
it's not exactly in the budget. At least not the spots
I'd like to visit. But how about a little virtual weekend
getaway? Even better, how about a whole series of
them for July!

First up, one of, if not my all time favorite
city in the US... San Francisco

I've had people ask me what is it about this city
that I like so much, and my first response is always,
(and it may sound weird) the light is different there.
The sky is SO blue (when the fog isn't covering it ;-),
and everything seems to be bathed in a more golden
tone. A co-worker told me that artists have come to
the Bay area to paint as it does have a unique quality
of light. Ha, so I'm not completely nuts.

The Itinerary...

Day 1 - arrive early

* Drop off my bags at the hotel
* Head for the Ferry Building
* Pick up a White Chocolate Mocha from Peets
* Peruse the shops for a bit

Next up, a little pampering after that long
plane ride. Perhaps a facial at Flourish, or
how about the Blossoming Lotus Ayurvedic
Ritual at SenSpa.

Back to the hotel for a quiet dinner and
adjusting to the time change.

Day 2



* Golden Gate Park and the Japanese Tea Gardens
* Hello Lucky for some fabulous cards
* Lunch at The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen
(I'm going with the Piglet)
* Stroll around the city
* Ice cream treat at Bi-Rite Creamery
* Tea at Crown & Crumpet
* Cocktails at The Parlor (a Spring Mountain please)

Day 3


* Walk off yesterday's food and drink in Sausalito
* Check out and to the airport for a late flight home

I'm ready to pack my bags right now. Who's with me?

Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment