Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Friday, July 16, 2010

Virtual Vacation - Los Angeles


This week's virtual vacation is in honor of the small
earthquake that quite literally shook me awake at 5am
this morning here in Virginia.




I bet LA would not be on most people's list of vacation
spots, but I confess it's on mine. Probably partly due to
my fascination with the glitz and glamour. But much
like Chicago, I grew up watching TV shows and movies
which depicted the city as such a cool place to be.
I've visited a few times for work, and even got to stroll
around the Warner Bros. lot and see "Stars Hollow"
and "Luke's Diner" from Gilmore Girls, but the city
and surrounding areas have eluded me.
So let's get going!

The Itinerary...

Day 1 - Catch an early flight out
~Arrival and check-in at the hotel
~Stroll down Rodeo Drive
~Coffee and a bite @ Urth Cafe
~Back to the hotel for some lounging at
the fabulous rooftop pool



Day 2
~Breakfast @ Joan's on Third
~Griffith Park


~Swing by the hotel and change
~Head for Malibu on the PCH
~Stroll through the Getty Villa and enjoy the sunset


~Dinner @ Geoffreys Malibu

Day 3
~Brunch @ Tart
~Off to Venice to visit the canals and do a little
shopping around Abbot Kinney


~Off to the airport to catch a flight home

I'm so ready to get outta town! How about you?
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment