Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cup-Cakelove

As you may be able to tell from my Blog Roll, I am a
fan of the cupcake craze. One of my many grand
schemes for a business is opening a cupcake bakery
in my area. My friends and I had the chance to visit
Cakelove this weekend. It's the brainchild of Warren
Brown who left his law career in 2002 to start his
bakery empire. He's been featured on Oprah, the
Today Show, and even had his own show on the
Food Network awhile back. He offers up quite
a tasty cupcake. I tried a few (we did share, I didn't
eat them all by myself :-)

There was the Raspberry Buttercream...

Homemade raspberry puree flavors this Cakelove
classic, fluffy raspberry buttercream.




Then the "44" ...

Designed for our 44th President; each vanilla cupcake
is topped with vanilla buttercream, scratch made
caramel and a light sprinkle of sea salt.



And finally Cynthia's Sin...

Chocolate cupcakes dipped in decadent chocolate
ganache, topped with peanut butter buttercream,
accented with chocolate, caramel, and sprinkled
with candied peanuts.


I have to say, I'm semi particular about my frosting,
and Cakelove's buttercream was really good. So light
and fluffy, I actually didn't even recognize it as buttercream.

If you're ever in the DC metro area, I recommend you
give them a try. They have several locations.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove CakeLove's raspberry, strawberry, and other fruit frostings. But I've often been disappointed by the cupcakes themselves. I actually prefer the flavor and texture of their vegan cupcake!

    ReplyDelete