Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Scream, You Scream...




















Yes, you know the rest. With temps hovering around
100 for the past 3 days, I know I'm screaming for some
ice cream. I happened to catch this show on the new
Cooking channel the other day and they featured an
"artisanal" ice cream truck in NYC. I Googled them and
actually found quite a few of these master craftsmen of
ice cream.

Some of my favorites...

Barts Homemade
(you gotta love them just for the names)

Black Tiger - Black Russian ice cream with fresh brewed
coffee and chocolate chunks.

Three Geeks and a Red Head:
Coconut ice cream, coconut
flakes, semisweet chocolate chunks, fudge brownies, with
a
red raspberry swirl.


Dr. Bobs

Scharffen Berger "The Works" - Dark Chocolate ice cream with
bittersweet and semisweet chocolate chunks and roasted
cocoa nibs.



Silver Moon (ok technically these are sorbet, but they still
sound yummy)


Lavender Limoncello - Lavender infused lemon sorbet
with Limoncello liqueur

Pomegranate Martini - Mediterranean Pomegranate
sorbet infused with pomengranate liqueur and vodka

These all sound unique and delicious don't they?
But you know, on a hot summer day, you could
give me a few scoops of vanilla and some rainbow
sprinkles, and I'd be quite happy.




1 comment:

  1. I would love some ice cream, but I'm dieting. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete