Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Winning Kitchen...

Last week I was dreaming up what I'd do to my bathroom
if I won the HGTV Fall Fix Up Sweepstakes. I thought I'd
give my kitchen a little sprucing up this week.

I am fairly certain I want white cabinets. And as a
stark contrast to them, I'd want a lovely dark espresso
wood floor. I do have room for a small island, so to
add some further interest, I think I'd paint it black.

I love this kitchen. Light and bright, clean lines, a bit
of open storage, and that backsplash! Love, Love, Love it!


And this one too. Very similar, and another great backsplash!


I was sort of shocked when I saw this photo. It's almost
an exact match to the current footprint of my kitchen...



Although only a tiny sliver of the kitchen itself, and it's
not my lovely dark chocolate floors, I do adore
this space from House and Home...


But then I think about flipping my color scheme. How
about a dark kitchen. Maybe black or how about dark gray
cabinets like these lovely spaces...



When you add in cabinet profile, color and hardware,
flooring, wall color, countertops, and backsplash the
possibilities really are endless aren't they.

No comments:

Post a Comment