Craft * Decor * Food * Fun

Thursday, August 5, 2010

If I Won...

I mentioned yesterday, that I entered the HGTV
Fall Fix up Sweepstakes. I usually don't enter contests,
it's just not my thing really. But I guess my imagination
and desire to make some updates around the house got
the best of me when the commercial came on the other
night. So of course it got me thinking, what would
I do if I won?

First up, my bathroom. I have so many ideas! It's
not a big space, but totally workable and just in
need of some updating. We'll start from the floor
up. I adore marble. I'm torn between this lovely
weave pattern from Brooklyn Limestone...



Or a larger simpler tile like this...



I am very fortunate to have a separate tub and shower.
Although I must admit, anyone who is claustrophobic
may run the other way from my little corner shower.
But I think if I opened it up with frameless glass panels
it would do wonders for it. I'd add a little bench, but
otherwise, this shower is perfect. Simple tile and
a skylight!



Let's see, next up, the tub. I like my tub.
But maybe a little marble around the ledge...



Old House Journal


And some kind of built in shelving like this would be
functional and beautiful...


Style At Home

On to the vanity. Currently I have one of those huge
mirrors that cover the length of the double vanity.
Ever since I bought the place I've wanted to swap it
for two mirrors. Love these...


Custom vanity for Master Bathroom traditional bathroom

And then the vanity itself. Marble top, of course. And
I'm thinking white or a pale gray. This one is pure
perfection...


But all the marble and lovely finishes aside, the one thing
I want most in my bathroom is...


surfers end bath eclectic bathroom
A Pocket door!

So which room would you tackle first if you won?

No comments:

Post a Comment